Last year, I wrote a post on how to get started using Information Rights
Management in Office 365. That post covered what you need to get started as
well as how to enable IRM at an individual file level. This post is a
follow-up to that one and covers how to configure IRM on a document library.
If you haven’t enabled Rights Management in your Office 365 subscription,
you’ll need to do that first. My previous post can walk you through the
steps. You’ll find Rights Management under Service Settings now on the
administration site. Once IRM is configured on you subscription, go to the
document library and view the Library Settings. From there, click the
Information Rights Management link. When you configure IRM for the first
time on a library, it will prompt you for a policy name and description.
This message here will be visible to users when viewing the documen... (more)
XML Magazine on Ulitzer
I've been working with InfoPath again lately since I've been working with
Document Information Panels and I thought I would share another quick tip
today. Observe the following .UDCX file.
Format: UDC V2; Connection Type: SharePo... (more)
With MOSS 2007, I often got asked what order do I install these solution
packages in. Oftentimes, it was critical that they get installed in a
particular order. With features, we have had the ability to set
dependencies, but we really didn’t have anything like that for solution
packages. Well, I haven’t heard people talking about this new feature
yet, but we can in fact set solution dependencies in the manifest.xml file.
The way it works is that it checks to see if a dependent solution has already
been deployed on your farm (or site collection for sandbox solutions).
The developer dashboard is a great new feature that developers can use to aid
them in tuning performance on a page. This new functionality adds
information to the bottom of any page in SharePoint that displays performance
information and what SQL queries were executed to display the page. To my
knowledge, there is currently no way in the UI to turn this on, so you can do
this with a quick x64 console application. This is soon to become a quite
popular code snippet I am sure.
SPPerformanceMonitor performanceMonitor = SPFarm.Local.PerformanceMonitor;
SharePoint Archiving Journal
When I get an error, I like to blog about it. Especially when the error
gives you no useful information whatsoever. Now, you can get the above
error in a variety of ways, but the one I am going to discuss today is when
using SPQuery. I inherited some code that had some CAML queries in it and I
could not figure out what the cause was at first. When I called
SPList.GetItems(SPQuery), I would receive something like the following.
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException was unhandled by user code
Message="Cannot complete this action.\n\nPlease try again."